Vitasoy Australia Products is committed to protecting the privacy of any personal information held about individuals in accordance with the applicable laws. “Personal information” is information about an identifiable individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable.
This policy applies to Vitasoy Australia Products Pty Ltd (ABN 18 088 959 835) and its subsidiaries from time to time (“Vitasoy” or “we” “us” or “our”).
About this policy
This policy includes information about:
- the kinds of personal information, credit information and credit eligibility information we handle (collect, use, hold and disclose);
- how we handle your personal information;
- how you may access and seek correction of your personal information;
- how you may complain about our handling of your personal information (including about any non-compliance with the Australian Privacy Principles (APP) or the Credit Reporting Code 2014 (if we handle your credit information)); and
- whether we are likely to disclose your information to overseas recipients.
This policy forms part of the Terms and Conditions that apply to your use of this website, which you should also read.
Depending on the products or services you obtain from us, we may collect your personal information, credit information or credit eligibility information.
Why do we collect and hold your personal information?
We collect and hold your personal information so that we can perform our business functions. For example, we may collect your personal information to enable you to participate in one of our promotions, for any of the uses listed below or to allow us to market our current and future products and
services to you.
What personal information do we collect and hold?
The types of personal information we collect and hold will depend on the nature of your relationship with us and may (but does not always) include:
- your name;
- your gender;
- your date of birth;
- your contact details (such as your personal and/or work address, phone number, email address, business name and the details of any of your authorised representatives);
- your transaction records, product preferences and purchase history and if you are a distributor or supplier, your other dealings with us;
- records of any queries or complaints that you may make;
- any information about you which you provide when participating in promotions, competitions or customer surveys; and/or
- payment details (e.g. credit card number).
How do we collect your personal information?
We usually collect personal information directly from you. That collection generally occurs when you:
- request information from, or have dealings directly with us or one of our related companies;
- participate in a competition or trade promotion conducted by us or one of our related companies;
- participate in a survey conducted by us or one of our related companies;
- purchase tickets or merchandise from a website operated by us or one of our related companies;
- access or request information from our website, social media sites or the website of one of our related companies;
- or provide information to our Customer Enquiries Centre.
In some circumstances however, we may also collect your personal information from other entities covered by this policy or third parties (including our distributors or franchise owners), but where we do so, we will ensure that we act in accordance with relevant privacy laws.
We will such take steps as are reasonable in the circumstances (if any) to ensure that you are aware of the purposes for which we collect your personal information. Such notification may be from one of our distributors or franchise owner where your information is collected (for disclosure to, or on behalf of us) by any such person.
Why do we collect, hold and use your personal information?
We collect, hold and use your personal information for the purpose for which it was collected, including (but not limited to):
- providing you with the goods or services you request, and providing customer service support;
- promoting and marketing our current and future products and services (including to you);
- informing you of upcoming events, special promotions and offers, discounts and other matters which we consider may be of interest to you;
- conducting research (including but not limited to client surveys) concerning our current and future products or services;
- administering, reviewing and optimising the performance of our distribution network (including allocating customers to distributors/franchise
- owners) and improving the effectiveness of any software used by the distribution network;
- receiving your complaints and addressing any matters raised;
- improving our products and services, including to assist with our training of staff; and
- improving the operation or navigation of our website.
We may also use your personal information for other purposes which are related to those listed above and which will be made clear to you at the time we collect that information, or for such purposes as may be required or permitted by law.
If we use your personal information for direct marketing purposes, all correspondence sent to you by us will give you the opportunity to “opt out” of receiving any further direct marketing correspondence. If we use your personal information to send you any direct marketing communications, you have the right to request that we provide you with the source of that personal information. There is no fee for requesting this information. Unless it is impracticable or unreasonable to do so, we will provide you with the source of the personal information.
Credit information and credit eligibility information
When you apply for credit (or provide a guarantee in respect of any credit), we will collect information and credit eligibility information. We may collect the following credit information about you:
- identification information;
- consumer credit liability information;
- repayment history information;
- financial hardship information;
- a statement that an information request has been made in relation to the individual by a credit provider, mortgage insurer or trade insurer;
- the type of consumer credit or commercial credit, and the amount of credit, sought in the application that has been made by the individual to a credit provider and in connection with which the provider has made an information request in relation to the individual;
- default information;
- payment information;
- new arrangement information about the individual;
- court proceedings information about the individual;
- personal insolvency information;
- publicly available information about the individual:
- that relates to the individual’s activities in Australia or the external Territories and the individual’s credit worthiness; and
- that is not court proceedings information about the individual or information about the individual that is entered or recorded on the National Personal Insolvency Index; or
- the opinion of a credit provider in relation to serious credit infringements by you.
We may also collect the following credit eligibility information about you:
- credit reporting information about you that was disclosed by a credit reporting body;
- CP derived information about you. CP derived information is personal information that:
- is derived from credit reporting information that was disclosed by a credit reporting body;
- has a bearing on the individual’s credit worthiness; and
- that is used, has been used or could be used in establishing the individual’s eligibility for consumer credit.
We use credit information and credit eligibility information that we obtain from you in order to assess your credit worthiness, to assess your application for the products and services that we offer and to provide that product or service to you. This may involve undertaking credit checks.
We use your personal information to assess your application for the products and services that we offer and to provide that product or service to you, including to undertake credit checks.
When we collect credit reporting information from you, we will use it to derive information that has a bearing on your credit worthiness and use it to establish your eligibility for credit. For example, we will derive [insert].
Will we give your information to anyone else?
In providing you the information, goods or services you request, we may be required to disclose your personal information, credit information or credit eligibility information to:
- our related companies;
- our consultants, contractors and service providers performing services including (but not limited to) promotions agencies, advertising agencies, legal and accounting services, credit reporting, mail-house, transport, prize providers, marketing, data analysis and processing and printing services; and/or our distributors/franchise owners.
These recipients may operate or hold data in Australia or in overseas countries which may include (but are not limited to) New Zealand and Hong Kong and Japan. If we provide your information to such a party, we generally require the third party to protect your personal information in the same way we do. Please note that Australian law may not apply to some of these third parties.
We may also disclose your personal information to other third parties where we are required or permitted to under any applicable law.
Your rights of access and correction
The accuracy of your personal information (and if applicable, credit eligibility information) is important. We take reasonable steps to ensure personal information and credit eligibility information we hold about you is accurate, complete, up-to-date, relevant and not misleading. If you believe that any personal information or credit eligibility information we hold about you is incorrect, please contact us on our Vitasoy Customer Enquiries Centre line on 1800 001 029 (Australia) or 0800 848 300 (New Zealand) or please go to our ‘Get In Touch’ page: https://soy.com.au/contact/.
You have a general right to access the personal information and credit eligibility information we hold about you. You may contact Vitasoy Customer Enquiries Centre line on 1800 001 029 (Australia) or 0800 848 300 (New Zealand) or please go to our ‘Get In Touch’ page: https://soy.com.au/contact/ page to request details of your personal information or credit eligibility information. we can deny your request in some circumstances and if we do so, we will provide you with written reasons for that denial. We will take reasonable steps to give access in a way that meets both our needs and your needs.
While there is no fee for requesting access to the personal information or credit eligibility information we hold about you, we reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee for the preparation and provision of that information to you. You also have the right to request the correction of personal information and/or credit eligibility information which we hold about you. You may do so at any time by contacting our Vitasoy Customer Enquiries Centre line on 1800 001 029 (Australia) or 0800 848 300 (New Zealand) or please go to our ‘Get in Touch’ page on https://soy.com.au/contact/. We do however reserve the right to refuse to correct your information in some circumstances. If we refuse to correct any personal information and/or credit eligibility information about you, and subsequent agreement cannot be reached between the parties on this issue, you may request that a note or statement regarding the correction requested be attached to your personal information and/or credit eligibility information. We will not charge you a fee for requesting a correction to your personal information and/or credit eligibility information, correcting that information or for attaching a statement to your personal information and/or credit eligibility information (as relevant). Even if you don’t submit such a request, if we are satisfied that, having regard to the reasons for which we hold your personal information and/or credit eligibility information, that personal information and/or credit eligibility information is inaccurate, incomplete, out-of-date, irrelevant or misleading, we may take reasonable steps to correct that information.
How can you obtain more information or lodge a privacy or credit reporting complaint?
- have any concerns or a complaint regarding our privacy practices or our management of your personal information; or
- consider that we have not complied with the Australian Privacy Principles and/or Privacy (Credit Reporting) Code 2014,
please contact Vitasoy Australia Products Consumer Enquiries on 1800 001 029 (Australia) or 0800 848 300 (New Zealand) or please go to our ‘Get In Touch’ page on https://soy.com.au/contact/.
We acknowledge and take very seriously every privacy and/or credit reporting query and complaint that we receive. We will endeavour to respond to you within 14 business days. If you’re not satisfied with how we have handled your matter, you may wish to contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner via the contact details listed at http://www.oaic.gov.au/about-us/contact-us-page.