This recipe is a great scrambled egg alternative for vegans or those that are feeling adventurous. Full of protein to set you up for a big day of work and play.
- Recipe by Christie Connelly
- Serves 4
- Prep Time 5 minutes
- Cooking Time 5 minutes
- 350g organic firm tofu
- 2 tbs Vitasoy Almond Milk Unsweetened
- 1 small brown onion
- 2 tbs cold pressed olive oil
- 2cm piece fresh turmeric root, peeled and grated
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
- tomatoes, greens and toast, to serve
- Slice the tofu into thick wedges and place onto a clean tea towel. Cover and pat down to dry thoroughly. Place the tofu onto a large plate and spoon over the Vitasoy Almond Milk Unsweetened. Mash with a fork until very crumbly. Set aside.
- Very finely chop or grate the onion and put into a medium frying pan with the olive oil. Cook over medium heat for 2-3 minutes until translucent and starting to brown. Add the grated turmeric, ground turmeric and crumbled tofu.
- Turn up the heat to high and cook, stirring constantly for 2 minutes until tofu is nicely coloured yellow and piping hot. Serve immediately with tomatoes, greens and toast.