Pineapple and Coconut Slice
- 1kg pineapple (whole weight), peeled, cored and diced (400g of fruit)
- 175g dairy free spread (or butter), softened
- 130g (2/3 cup) raw sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste (or pure extract)
- 2 large eggs
- 80ml (1/3 cup) Vitasoy Oatmilk Bone Essentials
- 110g (1 cup) plain flour
- 30g (1/4 cup) wholemeal plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 40g (2/3 cup) shredded coconut
- 20g (1/3 cup) coconut chips
- Heat the oven to 180C. Grease and line a 20cm square slice tin with non-stick paper. Allow some to overhang to make it easy to lift out once baked.
- Beat the butter with the sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each one.
- Add the Vitasoy Oatmilk, both flours, baking powder and coconut and stir to combine.
- Scoop into the slice tin and smooth the top with a spatula. Gently press the pineapple pieces evenly into the batter and scatter with coconut chips.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until firm to touch and a skewer inserted leaves moist crumbs. Cool in the tin for 10 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Serve warm or at room temperature.