These are the perfect Aussie green and gold feature for your Australia Day BBQ. But really, pairing juicy pineapple with prawns is a no brainer any night of the week. They are great paired with potato salad and dressed mixed leaves for a quick and simple lunch or dinner.
- Serves 4
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Cooking Time 6 minutes
- 12 bamboo skewers
- 500g raw green prawns (weight with shells)
- 1/4 cup (60ml) Vitasoy Coconut Milk Unsweetened
- 1/2 small pineapple
- 1 large green capsicum
- 1 onion
- 1/4 cup (60ml) sweet chilli sauce
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- Olive or coconut oil for pan frying
- Soak the skewers in a sink full of water for 1 hour. Drain and dry. Peel the prawns and set aside. Peel the pineapple with a sharp knife and dice into 3cm chunks. Slice the capsicum and onion into 3cm chunks.Thread the prawns, pineapple, capsicum and onion alternately onto skewers until all the ingredients are used up.
- Mix together the sweet chilli sauce, Vitasoy Coconut Milk Unsweetened, lime juice and soy sauce in a small bowl until well combined. Brush the marinade all over the skewers, a silicon brush works best.
- Griddle pan fry or BBQ the skewers for 3 minutes each side until the prawns are cooked through and the vegetables are tender and a little charred. Serve immediately with your favourite sides.
This recipe is gluten free is the soy sauce is gluten free.