Cheesecake is one of those decadent cafe-style desserts that no-one can refuse and is made even better when flavoured with one of Australia’s favourite tropical fruits – passionfruit. Serve with more fresh fruit like mango, strawberry or lychee or go all-out and top with a scoop of ice cream.
- Recipe by Christie Connelly
- Serves 10
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Cooking Time 3 hours (chilling time)
- 150g ginger nut biscuits
- 100g macadamia nuts
- 50g unsalted butter. melted
- 500g cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 250ml Vitasoy Soy Milky Lite*
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 60ml hot water
- 3 teaspoons gelatine powder**
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 6 passionfruit, pulp scooped (100ml worth)
- ice cream and extra passionfruit, to serve
* Other Vitasoy soymilks may also be substituted such as Vitasoy Original, Reduced Fat or Soy Milky Regular.
** For a vegetarian version, substitute 3 teaspoons agar agar powder.
- Grease and line a 20cm round cake tin with one large sheet of baking paper so that some paper overhangs the edges. This will make it easy to lift the cheesecake out in one go at the end.
- Place the biscuits and macadamia nuts in a food processor and blitz until they resemble coarse breadcrumbs. Add the melted butter and pulse until well coated. Press the mixture firmly into the cake tin using your fingertips until the base is completely and evenly covered. Chill in the fridge while you make the filling.
- Place the cream cheese, soymilk and lime juice into a large mixing bowl and beat with a wooden spoon until smooth and creamy. You can use a stick mixer if you prefer. Set aside.
- Place the gelatine powder and hot water in a small bowl and whisk quickly until the powder dissolves. Add the honey and vanilla and whisk until the honey dissolves.
- Pour the gelatine mixture into the cream cheese mixture and beat until well combined. Strain the passionfruit pulp to remove seeds if you like (I didn't do this, I like the way the black seeds look). Add to the cream cheese and stir to marble through the mixture.
- Pour over the base and tap the cake tin on the bench top a few times to settle the mixture. Chill in the fridge for 2-3 hours then lift out using the overhanging baking paper. Enjoy with ice cream and extra passionfruit pulp, if you like.