Mini versions of anything for breakfast are a treat! These are perfectly sized to serve with some toast and more veggies like wilted spinach and slow roasted tomatoes for a great start to the day.
- Recipe by Christie Connelly
- Serves 10
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Cooking Time 20 minutes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, plus extra for greasing
- 1/2 brown onion, diced
- 1/2 small red capsicum
- 8 button mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 small sweet potato, peeled and grated (about 200g)
- 6 large eggs
- 3 large egg whites
- 125ml (1/2 cup) Vitasoy Oatmilk Bone Essentials*
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- 60g (3/4 cup) parmesan cheese, grated
* Any of the Vitasoy range of soymilks, ricemilks or oatmilks may be substituted (except the flavoured options). To make them gluten free, substitute oatmilk with Soy Milky.
- Heat the oven to 200C and grease 10 holes of a muffin tin with vegetable oil. Set aside.
- Heat the 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a deep frying pan and add the onion and capsicum and cook until lightly golden. Add the mushrooms and cook until wilted.
- Add the sweet potato and a splash of water and cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute until the water has evaporated and the sweet potato has softened. Set aside.
- Crack the eggs and egg whites into a large bowl and add the oatmilk, chives and season with cracked pepper and a little salt. Whisk together until combined.
- Add the vegetables and 1/2 cup of cheese and stir gently. Spoon into the greased 10 muffin holes and sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup of cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes until puffed and golden and cooked through. Serve hot or at room temperature with toast and more veggies, if you like.
Nutritional Analysis – Amount per Serve