Garlic butter that’s completely dairy-free? Yes, it’s possible! These bread sticks are great on their own as a snack, to scoop up dip or use them as part of a cheese plate. Hurry, you’re just 30 minutes away from hot garlic goodness!
- Recipe by Christie Connelly
- Serves Makes 30
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Cooking Time 15 minutes
- 8 tablespoons dairy-free spread (such as Nuttelex)
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 1/4 cups (300g) plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2/3 cup (160ml) Vitasoy Soy Milky Lite
- Heat the oven to 220C. Place the dairy-free spread and garlic into a large, deep roasting tray and put into the oven for 5 minutes to melt the spread. Remove the tray and set aside.
- Place the flour, baking powder and salt into a large mixing bowl and stir to combine. Add the soymilk and mix with your hands to form a sticky ball. Transfer to a well-floured bench and knead for 2-3 minutes until smooth.
- Roll out the dough into a large rectangle about 5mm thick and cut into 15 long lengths then cut those in half to make 30 bread sticks. It's easiest if you use a pizza cutter, but you can also use a sharp knife.
- Dip the sticks, one at a time, into the melted butter on both sides and lay on the roasting tray side by side, quite closely.
- Bake for 15 minutes until golden then allow to cool slightly (the butter will be hot!) before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container for up to a week (if they last that long).
Nutritional Analysis – Amount per Serve