I can buy blueberries in large buckets at my local farmers market when they are in season. While I love to simply eat them out-of-hand, their abundance during the summer months means I have to get creative in the kitchen to finish them off – such is life! Enjoy them with extra blueberries and a little drizzle of maple syrup. Yum.
- Recipe by Christie Connelly
- Serves makes 8
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Cooking Time 15 minutes
- 200g (1 1/4 cups) plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 egg
- 250ml (1 cup) Vitasoy Calci-Plus Soymilk
- 150g (1 cup) fresh blueberries
- vegetable oil spray or butter, for pan frying
- blueberries and maple syrup, to serve (optional)
- Sift the plain flour, baking powder and salt into a large bowl.
- Make a well in the centre and add the honey, egg and Vitasoy Calci-Plus soymilk. Mix together until just combined. Gently stir in the blueberries.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium on the stove top. Spray with oil or melt a little butter. Add a small ladle of batter to make a pancake about 10-15cm in diameter. If you can fit two in your pan then do two at a time. Cook for 2 minutes on one side until golden brown then flip and cook for 1-2 minutes more until cooked through.
- Keep warm in a low oven while you repeat with the rest of the batter. Serve with extra blueberries and maple syrup, if you like.
Nutritional Analysis – Amount per Serve