These little beauties tick a lot of intolerance boxes: gluten free, dairy free, grain free, and can be nut free for lunch boxes if you leave the pistachio garnish off. You could use shredded coconut instead.
- Recipe by Christie Connelly
- Serves 12 - 16
- Prep Time 5 minutes
- Cooking Time 20 minutes
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup Vitasoy Unsweetened Coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup raw sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup pistachios, chopped
Substitute any other nut you prefer instead of pistachios or use shredded coconut. Vitasoy Original Coconutmilk may also be used.
- Heat the oven to 180C and line a 20cm square baking tin.
- Place the coconut oil and cocoa into a small saucepan and stir over medium heat for 1 minute until smooth and glossy. Set aside to cool.
- Whisk the eggs, Vitasoy Unsweetened Coconut milk, vanilla, salt and sugar in a large bowl. Whisk in the chocolate mixture and then sift over the coconut flour (because it’s usually a bit lumpy). Whisk until well combined.
- Pour into the lined tin and sprinkle with chopped pistachios. Bake for 20 minutes on the bottom shelf. Slice and serve warm or chill and serve cold.