Don’t forget to soak wooden skewers in water for at least 30 minutes before you thread the veggies on to ensure they don’t burn when you cook the kebabs. If you like a really spicy mayo then double the amount of chilli sauce and enjoy the burn!
- Recipe by Christie Connelly
- Serves makes 8 kebabs and 1 cup of mayo
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Cooking Time 15 minutes
- 24 cherry tomatoes
- 16 button mushrooms
- 2 large zucchini, chopped into 16 pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- For the spicy mayo:
- 125ml (1/2 cup) Vitasoy Soy Milky Lite
- 250ml (1 cup) rice bran oil (or other neutral flavoured vegetable oil)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon hot chilli sauce
- Thread the vegetables evenly onto wooden skewers, starting and ending with a cherry tomato. Each skewer should have three cherry tomatoes and two pieces each of the other vegetables.
- Brush the vegetables with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Cook on a BBQ or griddle pan on the stove top for 10 minutes, turning frequently to make sure all the vegetables cook through. Keep warm.
- To make the spicy mayo, pour the soymilk and rice bran oil into a blender or mini food processor. Blitz for 1 minute. The mixture will appear frothy and will be still be quite runny. Add the onion powder, garlic powder, lemon juice and chilli sauce and season with pepper. Biltz for 30 seconds more until the mixture thickens to the consistency of mayonnaise.
- Serve the veggie kebabs with the mayo dolloped on top, or on the side in a bowl for dipping.
Nutritional Analysis – Amount per Serve