This is a delicious and fail-proof date loaf that can be quickly whipped up when you are expecting guests. It is decadent, fluffy and ever so moist. You will love it!
- Recipe by Veggieful
- Serves 10
- Prep Time 5 minutes
- Cooking Time 45 minutes
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1/3 cup vegan margarine
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup Soy Milky Lite
- ½ cup pureed over-ripe banana
- ½ teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 cup (140g) pitted dates
- ½ cup (40g) walnuts
- Preheat oven to 180C and use spray oil to grease a baking tin (approx. 22cm long x 13cm wide x 7cm deep).
- In a food processor, pulse the dates and walnuts until they are finely chopped and pour into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the bowl and beat with electric beaters for one minute or until all ingredients are completely combined and smooth.
- Pour into the oiled baking tin and sprinkle the top with extra chopped walnuts if desired.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes until risen and the top has browned and a skewer poked in the centre of the loaf comes out clean.
- Allow to rest for 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Nutritional Analysis – Amount per Serve