A delicious and easy breakfast idea that can be prepared the night before. This is an amazing basic chia pudding that can be customised to your own liking… add your favourite fruits, spices and flavourings and the combinations are endless!
- Recipe by Veggieful
- Serves 2
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Cooking Time None (at least 2 hours setting time)
- Basic chia pudding:
- 1 cup Soy Milky Lite
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds*
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- dash vanilla essence or vanilla seeds
- Tropical fruit options: mango, passionfruit, pineapple, banana, kiwi fruit, apple
- In a jar or bowl, add all 'basic chia pudding' ingredients and stir or shake until completely combined.
- Place in the fridge for at least 2 hours or overnight stirring a couple of times to prevent it from jelling on the bottom of the jar or bowl.
- Top with your choice of tropical fruit and enjoy!
* It is up to you how thick you would like your chia pudding. 3 tablespoons chia seeds to 1 cup of soymilk will give you a completely thick pudding with a consistency similar to a soft jelly. Feel free to do 2 or 2 1/2 tablespoons for a more liquidy pudding.
* This is a basic chia seed pudding recipe… it is creamy and slightly sweet to compliment the tropical fruit. Feel free to add any spices to the pudding such as cardamom, cinnamon or a vanilla bean to add more flavour. You could even add cacao/cocoa and make a chocolate chia pudding! Yum yum.
Nutritional Analysis – Amount per Serve