These are sweet, delicious and VEGAN! The Vitasoy Soy Milky Lite coupled with the salty caramel tastes are sure to impress!
- Recipe by Veggieful
- Serves Makes 10
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Cooking Time 20 minutes
- 1 cup plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- pinch salt
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup plain flavoured oil
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1 cup Vitasoy Soy Milky Lite
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Caramel Frosting
- 20 dried dates
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons vegan margarine (at room temp.)
- salt to sprinkle
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius and line a cupcake tray with 10 patty pans. Set aside.
- Make the cupcakes: add all 'cupcake' ingredients to a bowl and beat until smooth without lumps.
Divide the mixture between the patty pans and bake for 20 minutes or so until a skewer comes out clean when poked into the centre of one of the cupcakes.
Allow the cupcakes to cool.
- In the meantime, make the caramel frosting. Add all 'frosting' ingredients to a processor and blend until smooth and creamy. Taste, and be amazed at the caramelly deliciousness. Set aside.
- Once the cupcakes have cooled, divide the frosting on to the tops of the cupcakes.
Sprinkle with salt and serve immediately!
Nutritional Analysis – Amount per Serve