This “Mac & Cheese” is sure to impress! It is creamy, cheesey and delicious. It is also quick to make which is great when you don’t have much time to prepare something to eat.
- Recipe by Veggieful
- Serves 6
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Cooking Time 10 minutes
- 500g macaroni (save some of the cooking water)
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 3/4 cup Vitasoy Original
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- Big pinch of salt
- Big pinch of pepper
- 2 teaspoons corn flour
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon tahini
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 garlic clove
- chopped parsley (to garnish)
- In a food processor or blender, blend the cashews, soy milk, nutritional yeast, salt and pepper, corn flour, dijon mustard, lemon juice, tahini, smoked paprika and garlic. Blend until smooth and creamy. Taste, and season with more salt and pepper as needed.
- Cook the macaroni as per package instructions and reserve some of the cooking water.
- In a frypan on medium heat, pour in the creamy mixture from the food processor and allow to heat.
- Add the macaroni to the pan and drizzle in some of the cooking water to thin out the sauce as desired.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve immediately.
Nutritional Analysis – Amount per Serve