This is a delicious and easy vegan green curry recipe that uses an amazing homemade green curry paste. This curry tastes like a restaurant-quality dish but is much healthier for you. Using Soy Milky Lite and coconut essence instead of coconut cream reduces the calories and fat but does not impact on the taste! Get ready for a guilt-free dish that tastes naughtier than it really is!
- Recipe by Veggieful
- Serves 4
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Cooking Time 30 minutes
- Paste (makes about ¾ cup):
- 2 long green chillis
- 2 lemongrass stalks (pale part only)
- 20g ginger root
- 6 garlic cloves
- Salt and pepper
- 40g coriander stems
- 2 green onions
- 4 kaffir lime leaves
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- The Rest:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups Soy Milky Lite
- 1 teaspoon coconut essence
- 1 ½ tablespoons gluten free soy sauce
- ½ tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped green beans
- 100g fresh baby corn, chopped
- ½ cup canned sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 cup diced zucchini
- ½ cup thai basil leaves
- Rice to serve
- Thai basil leaves
- Red chilli, thinly sliced
- Coriander leaves
- Make the green curry paste by adding all "paste" ingredients to a food processor and processing until completely smooth.
- In a fry pan on high heat, add the olive oil and the paste and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes until the paste has warmed through and is fragrant.
- Pour in the soymilk and the coconut essence and stir until combined.
- Bring to the boil and reduce heat to a slow simmer for about 5 minutes until the soymilk has heated through.
- Add in the soy sauce and brown sugar and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add in the green beans, baby corn, zucchini and water chestnuts.
- Simmer for 5 to 10 minutes until the zucchini has softened.
- Add in the Thai basil leaves and stir until they have wilted.
- Take off the heat and serve with rice and garnish with Thai basil leaves, red chilli and coriander leaves. Enjoy!
• This recipe uses soy sauce instead of fish sauce to give it that salty deliciousness.
• Increase the amount of green chilli for more heat if desired.
• Prepare kaffir lime leaves by pulling the leafy part away from the stem and discarding the stem.
Nutritional Analysis – Amount per Serve