This vegan custard tart recipe is creamy, decadent and delicious!
- Recipe by Veggieful
- Serves 8
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Cooking Time 15 minutes
- 1 sheet of sweet short crust pastry
- 2 cups Vitasoy Soy Milky Lite
- 6 tablespoons corn flour
- 6 tablespoons caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons vegan margarine
- nutmeg, to sprinkle
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
Spray a 20cm quiche tin with oil and press the shortcrust pastry evenly to the corners and up to the rim.
Prick the base a few times to help prevent it from rising. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes until lightly browned and crispy.
- In the meantime, make the custard.
Mix the corn flour with the Vitasoy Soy Milky Lite first until the lumps have dissolved. Add this, the caster sugar, vanilla and margarine to a pot on medium heat and whisk until combined. Bring to the boil and then take off the heat and allow to cool. Set aside.
- Once the pastry has cooked, allow to cool and fill with the custard.
Sprinkle with nutmeg.
Refrigerate until set.
Slice and enjoy!
Nutritional Analysis – Amount per Serve