These are festive, Christmassy and amazingly delicious. I guarantee that you friends and family will enjoy the decadent chocolate custard with the sweetness of fresh cherries and cherry jam. These are not only easy but are incredibly impressive too!
- Recipe by Veggieful
- Serves 20
- Prep Time 5 minutes
- Cooking Time 15 minutes
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2/3 cup Soy Milky Lite
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 20g dark chocolate (optional)*
- 5 tablespoons cherry jam**
- 20 mini vegan pastry tarts***
- 20 cherries
- icing sugar, to garnish (optional)
- grated dark chocolate, to garnish (optional)
* If you would like the tarts to be extra rich and chocolatey, you can add some dark chocolate. This may make them a little less sweet but more rich. Use a dark chocolate with 70% cocoa content or more.
** If you cannot find cherry jam, you could always buy mixed berry jam or Black Forest jam.
*** I purchased vegan mini tart shells from the bakery section at the supermarket but feel free to make your own by cutting out pieces of frozen pastry sheets and moulding them into mini muffin tins and baking them. Or, make them from scratch if you have the time.
- In a saucepan on medium to high heat, add all 'custard' ingredients except for the cherry jam.
- Whisk until combined and continue whisking over the heat for a couple of minutes until the custard has thickened.
- Take the saucepan off the heat and stir in the cherry jam until combined and the jam has melted through.
- Divide the custard between the pastry tarts and top each tart with a cherry.
- Serve warm or refrigerate until set and garnish with icing sugar or grated dark chocolate if desired. Enjoy!
Nutritional Analysis – Amount per Serve