These breakfast muffins are amazingly delicious. When topped with our easy coconut almond butter and a slice of banana, they make a to-die-for breakfast muffin. I won’t be surprised if you eat these for dessert too! Freeze these for breakfast, snacks or as a lunchbox treat!
- Recipe by Veggieful
- Serves 30
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Cooking Time 10 minutes
- Muffin mixture:
- 1 cup puréed overripe banana*
- 15 dates, finely chopped
- 1 cup Soy Milky Lite
- 240g (1 1/2 cups) wholemeal flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup**
- Coconut almond butter***:
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons Soy Milky Lite
- Other: 30 slices of banana
- Preheat oven to 180C and line muffin trays with 30 mini patty pans.
- In a large bowl, add all muffin mixture ingredients and use electric beaters to beat until smooth. (If you don't have electric beaters, just beat using a wooden spoon and your amazing muscles.) Divide the muffin mixture between the patty pans.
- Bake for 10 minutes until the muffin tops bounce back when touched and a skewer comes out clean when poked into the centre. Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, make the coconut almond butter by adding the coconut and almond to a high speed food processor and process until a smooth paste has formed.
- Add the maple syrup and soymilk to the processor and process until smooth and creamy.
- Spread the almond coconut butter mixture onto the tops of the muffins. Top with a slice of banana.
- Serve immediately or freeze for a guilt-free power breakfast or healthy lunchbox snack. Enjoy!
* You must use overripe bananas… these will give the extra banana-ry flavour and also add a delicious sweetness.
** I added 2 tablespoons of maple syrup to the muffin mixture. Feel free to add more sweeteners if desired.
*** The coconut almond butter is optional… you can just eat the muffins by themselves if you like. They will still be delicious!
Nutritional Analysis – Amount per Serve