This vegan wholemeal pancake recipe combines the deliciousness of cinnamon and apple. Cut a little heart from each apple piece for extra loveliness!
- Recipe by Veggieful
- Serves 2 (4 pancakes per serve)
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Cooking Time 10 minutes
- ¾ cup Soy Milky Lite
- ¼ cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup wholemeal flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch salt
- 1 apple
- Maple syrup to serve
- Cut the apple into 8 thin slices. Cut the core and seeds out in the shape of a heart. Set aside.
- In a bowl, add all “batter” ingredients and beat until just combined. Set aside.
- In a fry pan on high heat, spray with oil and place the thinly sliced apple pieces in a single layer. Fry on each side for a minute or so until lightly browned. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Spray the fry pan with oil, and add one apple slice. Pour two tablespoons of the pancake batter over the apple slice. Fry for 30 seconds or so until bubbles appear on the surface. Flip and fry on the other side until both sides have browned. Repeat this step with all apple slices and batter mixture.
- Serve the pancakes immediately with delicious maple syrup. Enjoy!
Nutritional Analysis – Amount per Serve