This pasta is delicious, creamy and comforting. Not only is it vegan but it is also so easy to make and even tastes better the next day! Serve with a salad with a nice citrus dressing.
- Recipe by Veggieful
- Serves 4 - 6
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Cooking Time 15 minutes
- 500g pasta of choice
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 3 cups Soy Milky Lite
- 1 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- BIG pinch sea salt & freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 big handfuls baby spinach
- Make the alfredo sauce: In a blender or food processor, add the soymilk, cashews, nutritional yeast, mustard, salt, pepper, garlic, lemon juice, tahini and smoked paprika and blend until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- Start cooking the pasta according to packet instructions.
- In a fry pan on high heat, add the oil and onion and sauté until transparent. Add in the sliced mushrooms and sauté until they have wilted. Pour in the alfredo sauce and stir until combined.
- Use tongs to remove the pasta from the water and transfer directly to the fry pan. Allow it to transfer some of the hot starchy water with it which will help to thin out the sauce. Add the baby spinach to the fry pan and stir until the sauce has heated through and the baby spinach has wilted. Serve immediately with extra salt and pepper.
Tastes even better the next day!
Vegan if Dijon Mustard does not include egg.
Nutritional Analysis – Amount per Serve