This is the perfect make-ahead breakfast. Simply throw it all in the slow cooker the night before and it’s ready to go in the morning! It’s also a great breakfast for kids to help with as they can do the grating and layering and there’s no hot stoves to contend with!
- Recipe by Christie Connelly
- Serves 4 to 6
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Cooking Time 1.5 hours (slow cooker)
- 500g potatoes (3 medium), scrubbed and grated (no need to peel)
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 250g tomatoes (2 medium), thinly sliced
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup mixed olives, pitted
- 4 large eggs
- 125ml (1/2 cup) Vitasoy Soy Milky Lite
- ½ teaspoon sweet Hungarian paprika
Can substitute with Vitasoy Original or Vitasoy Calci Plus (but if you use these, it will not be gluten free)
- Layer half of the grated potatoes into the pot of a slow cooker. Top with half the grated cheese, half the sliced tomatoes, half the olives and half the spring onions. Season with salt and pepper.
- Layer with the rest of the grated potatoes, then tomatoes, olives, onions and finishing with the cheese as the last layer.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, Vitasoy Soy Milky Lite and paprika. Season with salt and pepper and pour over the potato mixture. Shake the pot a little to make sure the egg distributes evenly. Cook on high for
Divide into portions slicing with a spatula inside the slow cooker and lift out. Serve hot or warm with salad leaves or toast.