This is a fantastic quick and balanced breakfast to give you energy to face your workout – even a bootcamp one! If you want to make it grain free substitute the bread for a large roasted flat mushroom.
- Recipe by Christie Connelly
- Serves 4 for a light breakfast (2 for a heartier breakfast)
- Prep Time 5 minutes
- Cooking Time 2 minutes (to toast)
- 1 large avocado
- 2 tablespoons Vitasoy Almond Milk Unsweetened
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 4 large slices sourdough bread, toasted
- 4 heaped tablespoons fresh ricotta cheese
- 12 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- cold pressed olive oil, to drizzle
- Slice the avocado in half lengthways and scoop the flesh out into a bowl. Add the Vitasoy Almond Milk Unsweetened and lemon zest. Season with salt and pepper and roughly mash. Spread evenly onto four slices of toast.
- Spread the ricotta cheese on top of the avocado and scatter with cherry tomato slices. Drizzle with a little olive oil and serve.