- Recipe by Dr Sue Shepherd
- Serves 6-8
- Prep Time 7 minutes
- 2 cups long grain brown rice
- 2 tsp canola oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 415g canned pink salmon, drained
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- 4 Tbsp gluten free cornflour
- 2 cups Vitasoy Soy Milky Lite
- 1 cup sheep's pecorino cheese, grated
- 3 tsp fresh dill, chopped
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Cook rice in a large saucepan of boiling water, until just tender. Drain, set aside.
- In a small frying pan, sauté onion in oil over medium heat until tender. Add drained salmon. Stir through onion and break up salmon into small chunks. Squeeze lemon juice over salmon and mix through. Turn off heat and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine 1/4 cup Soy Milky Lite with cornflour to form a paste. Add remaining Vitasoy Soy Milky Lite, mixing well to ensure evenly combined.
- Pour into a saucepan, stirring constantly over medium heat until thickened. Do not boil. Add grated cheese and chopped dill, and salmon and onion, and stir until well combined and cheese melted.
Serve on top of cooked rice.
Nutritional Analysis – Amount per Serve