The quickest way to make a crumble topping is to whizz store-bought biscuits in the food processor. Which is what we have done here to make this delicious Rhubarb Crumble
- Serves 6
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Cooking Time 30 minutes
- 1 tablespoon butter or coconut oil
- 150g bunch rhubarb, leaves trimmed and stalks sliced into 5cm lengths
- 400g (4 small) red apples, peeled, cored and sliced into thin wedges
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 orange, halved and juice squeezed (1/3 cup/ 85ml)
- 1/2 cup (125ml) Vitasoy Soy Milky Lite
- 2 tablespoons raw sugar
- 300g packet ANZAC biscuits
Other soymilks in the Vitasoy range may be substituted (excluding flavoured options). Vitasoy Coconut milk also works for a slightly different flavour.
- Heat the oven to 180C. Grease a 2L oven-proof dish with the coconut oil or butter.
- Place the rhubarb, apple slices, vanilla, cinnamon, orange juice, Vitasoy Soy Milky Lite and sugar into the dish and stir gently.
- Blitz the ANZAC biscuits in a food processor until coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over the fruit mix and bake in the oven covered with a lid or aluminium foil for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake for 10 minutes more. Serve warm or cold with ice cream or yoghurt.