This is great as a side dish to grilled chicken or pork, but can also be a vegetarian meal on its own when served with rice and greens. For so few ingredients there is a surprising amount of flavour, and once it’s in the oven you’ve got your hands free to start on the accompaniments or pour yourself a glass of wine!
- Recipe by Christie Connelly
- Serves 4
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Cooking Time 45 minutes
- 700g sweet potatoes, whole weight with skin on (1 large sweet potato)
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 tablespoon Thai red curry paste
- 200ml coconut milk
- 125ml Vitasoy Soy Milky Lite
- Preheat oven to 200C. Peel sweet potatoes and slice into thin rounds. Peel the onion and slice into rings. Set vegetables aside.
- Add the curry paste, coconut milk and soy milk to a large bowl. Whisk until well combined.
- Place a few tablespoons of the sauce into the bottom of a 1.5L lidded casserole dish. Layer the sweet potato and onion alternately, starting with the sweet potato and ending with the onion. Pour over the rest of the sauce and tap the dish on the bench a few times to settle the layers.
- Place the lid on and bake in the oven for 45 minutes until the sweet potato is very soft. Allow to cool slightly before serving as a side dish or main meal with rice and greens.