The perfect lunchbox item! Packed with protein from the quinoa and can easily be made vegetarian. Hot or cold, these will be a hit. Plus, they’re also tasty for parents.
- Recipe by Christie Connelly
- Serves Makes 25 squares
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Cooking Time 25 minutes
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup (60ml) Vitasoy Original Soymilk
- 3/4 cup grated cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 garlic clove, finely diced
- 1/2 onion, finely diced
- 5-6 large basil leaves, finely shredded
- 1/2 cup diced ham (optional, use sliced mushroom for veggie option)
- Heat the oven to 200C and line a 20cm x 20cm square baking tin with non-stick paper.
Whisk the eggs and Vitasoy Original Soymilk in a bowl then add the cheese, paprika, quinoa, garlic, onion, basil and ham (if using) and whisk gently to combine.
Pour into the lined tin and swirl to make sure the bottom is evenly coated. It will be quite a thin layer. Bake for 25 mins until slightly puffed and golden.
Allow to cool to room temperature then slice into 25 squares. Eat immediately or store in the fridge. Can be eaten cold or warm.