This is a unique recipe because of the fact that you don’t have to make a custard base, you simply mix all the ingredients together, chill and then churn. Oh, and it’s vegan! I must mention that the mouth-feel is much icier than a regular smooth and creamy ice cream, but it still has a delicious flavour and is great for those with a dairy intolerance or following a vegan diet. Enjoy!
- Recipe by Christie Connelly
- Serves 1
- Prep Time 2 hours (including chilling time)
- Cooking Time 1 hour
- 200ml soy condensed milk*
- 300ml Vitasoy Soy Milky Lite**
- 200ml coconut cream
- 450g-500g mango (whole weight), peeled, deseeded and flesh chopped
- 4 tablespoons macadamia butter spread***
- 60ml maple syrup
*If you are not following a special diet then substitute regular condensed milk.
**You can also use Vitasoy Original or Reduced Fat if you prefer.
***If you cannot find macadamia butter substitute chopped macadamia nuts. “
- Place all ingredients into a blender and process until smooth.
- Transfer to a container and cover the surface of the custard with plastic wrap to prevent a skin forming and chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours or until completely cold.
- Pour the cold mix into the bowl of an ice cream maker, set to desired setting and churn. Once mixture is frozen transfer to a freezer-safe container and freeze for up to one week.
I used the Breville Smart Scoop ice cream maker to create this recipe. I pre-cooled the machine for 15 minutes before churning and set it to the first setting in the ice cream section.