This recipe is for when you definitely want curry in a hurry! It’s less than 20 minutes from raw to ready and uses all fresh ingredients. Plus, it’s super creamy but completely dairy free. Yum!
- Recipe by Christie Connelly
- Serves 4
- Prep Time 5 minutes
- Cooking Time 12 minutes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 3cm piece fresh ginger root, grated
- 1 teaspoon curry powder (such as Keen's)
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cinnamon stick
- 200ml coconut cream
- 125ml Vitasoy Original soymilk
- 400g firm white flesh fish, diced into 3cm cubes
- 1 small head of broccoli (about 300g), cut into florets
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large deep frying pan over low heat and add the garlic, ginger and curry powder. Fry for 1 minute until fragrant, then add the tomatoes and cinnamon stick and stir to combine.
- Pour in the coconut cream, soymilk and 250ml (1 cup) of water. Increase the heat to medium and simmer for 5 minutes until the tomatoes start to soften. Mash tomatoes with a fork into the sauce to thicken it and then add salt to taste.
- Add the fish and broccoli and simmer for 5 minutes more, stirring occasionally, until the fish is cooked through and the broccoli is tender.
- Discard the cinnamon stick and serve with rice or noodles.
Nutritional Analysis – Amount per Serve