- Recipe by Christie Connelly
- Serves 8
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Cooking Time 1 hour
- 1.4kg pumpkin (whole weight), deseeded and peeled
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground chilli
- 12 sheets filo pastry
- 60g (1/2 cup) feta cheese
- 4 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 125ml (1/2 cup) Vitasoy Calci-Plus soymilk*
*Any of the Vitasoy soymik range may be substituted.
- Heat the oven to 200C. Chop the pumpkin into large 5cm chunks and arrange on large roasting tray. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and sprinkle with cumin and chilli. Bake in the oven for 35 - 40 minutes until very tender.
- Meanwhile, prepare the filo pastry. Place one sheet onto a clean bench and brush with olive oil, then place another sheet on top and press down lightly. Repeat brushing with oil and filo to form a stack of 6 sheets. Cover with a damp tea towel, then use the remaining filo pastry to make another stack of six sheets. Cover that with a damp tea towel too.
- Place the feta cheese, pine nuts and soymilk into a large bowl. Add the baked pumpkin and season with salt and pepper. Mash with a fork to form a chunky mixture.
- Slice the two stacks of filo pastry into four so that you have a total of eight rectangles. Spoon 1/8 of the pumpkin mixture along the short edge of each pastry rectangle. Fold in the longest sides and roll up to form a parcel.
- Brush the tops with olive oil and sprinkle with a little sea salt, then bake on a non-stick tray for 15-20 minutes until golden and crispy. Serve hot or warm.
Nutritional Analysis – Amount per Serve