These were created with kids in mind, but they are great for adults too! This recipe makes enough for eight child portions but they can be frozen uncooked, which will stop you from being tempted with takeaway! Simply freeze on a plate in one layer and once frozen, bag up into portions.
- Recipe by Christie Connelly
- Serves 4 (or 8 child portions)
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Cooking Time 25 minutes
- 500g chicken thigh fillets (or breast fillets), trimmed of fat
- 2 eggs
- 80ml (1/3 cup) Vitasoy Coconutmilk Unsweetened
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 165g (1 1/4 cup) almond meal
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 3 tablespoons raw white sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 60ml (1/4 cup) macadamia oil (or coconut oil)
- Heat oven to 200C and line a baking tray with non-stick paper. Slice the chicken into bite size chunks about 4-5cm. Set aside.
- Add the eggs, Vitasoy Coconut Milk Unsweetened and sesame oil to a large bowl and whisk until combined. Set aside.
- Place the almond meal, coconut flour, white and black sesame seeds and paprika onto a large plate. Season with a little salt and pepper, then mix with your fingers to combine thoroughly.
- Dip each piece of chicken first into the egg mixture and then into the almond mixture, pressing down firmly to coat the chicken evenly.
- Place all the crumbed chicken pieces onto the paper lined baking tray. Brush or drizzle with oil and bake for 15 minutes. Flip each piece and bake for a further 10 minutes. Serve hot or warm with your favourite sauce.