- Recipe by Dr Sue Shepherd
- Serves 10
- 1 ¾ cup self raising flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- ½ cup cocoa
- ¾ cup caster sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 ½ cups Vitasoy Soy Milky Chocolate
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee, dissolved in
- 2 teaspoons hot water
- ½ cup margarine
- 1 punnet (250g) strawberries and/or blueberries, to serve
- icing sugar, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly spray a Baba tin (23cm ring tin).
- Place all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer on medium speed for 3 minutes or until smooth and thick.
- Pour mixture into tin and bake for 35-45 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted into cake. Allow to cool for 10 minutes and then turn out to cool on a cooling rack.
- To serve, place strawberries in the centre of the cakes and dust with icing sugar.
Hints and Tips
If a Baba tin is unavailable a 23cm round cake pan or a 22cm square cake pan can be used instead.
Nutritional Analysis – Amount per Serve