- Recipe by Dr Sue Shepherd
- Serves 8
- 2/3 cups (165ml) reduced fat lactose free cream
- 1 2/3 cups (315ml) Vitasoy Soy Milky Lite
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 Tbsp boiling water
- 2 1/4 tsp gelatine
- Grease 8 1/2 cup (125ml) dariole moulds or espresso coffee mugs.
- Heat cream, milk, sugar and mint leaves in a medium sized saucepan over medium heat until steam begins to rise. Then turn to lowest temperature. DO NOT BOIL. Heat, stirring regularly for 20 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Combine boiling water and gelatine in a small heat-proof bowl. Set bowl over larger bowl of boiling water, stirring constantly until all gelatine dissolved.
- Whisk gelatine into cream mixture, pour this mixture into a medium bowl. Fill a large bowl with ice cubes. Place the bowl of cream mixture on top of the ice-filled bowl. Whisk every few minutes for approximately 10 minutes. Mixture will thicken as it cools. When it is of a consistency that will coat the back of a wooden spoon, pour into greased moulds or espresso coffee mugs.
- Refrigerate for 2-3 hours or overnight.
To serve, dip each mould into bowl of hot water for a few seconds, then turn out onto serving plates and garnish.
Nutritional Analysis – Amount per Serve