This smoothie packs a vitamin C punch! The kale provides a good source of iron and is absorbed by the body even better when eaten with vitamin C rich ingredients.
- Recipe by Christie Connelly
- Serves 2
- Prep Time 2 minutes
- Cooking Time 1 minute
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 3/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 3/4 cup Vitasoy Almond Milk Unsweetened
- 2 kiwi fruit, peeled and chopped
- 2-4 fresh mint leaves
- 4 ice cubes
- 1 cup kale leaves, lightly packed
- Place the chia seeds into a small bowl and add 3 tablespoons of water. Stir well then set aside for 5 minutes until all the water is absorbed.
- Add the orange juice, Vitasoy Almond Milk Unsweetened , kiwi, mint, ice cubes, chia seeds and kale to a blender. Blend for 1 minute until smooth and enjoy immediately.