Here’s something different to serve at your next morning tea! Be sure to source good quality gelatine. These set nice and firm, but not quite as firm as a jelly lolly that you would buy. They have a lovely little wobble but can be held easily, and fresh strawberry coupled with the creaminess of Vitasoy Soy Milky is a wonderful match.
- Recipe by Christie Connelly
- Serves makes 24
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Cooking Time 30 minutes chiling time
- 150g strawberries (about 5 large ones), washed and hulled
- 8 tablespoons gelatine
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey or sugar
- 250ml (1 cup) Vitasoy Soy Milky Regular
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
You will also need 2 x 12 hole silicone moulds in small shapes
- Place the strawberries into a blender with 1/4 cup of water. Puree until smooth then push through a fine sieve to remove most of the seeds. You should be left with 250ml (1 cup) of strawberry juice. Pour 125ml (1/2 cup) of the juice into a small saucepan and set aside. Pour the rest into a small jug and sprinkle with 4 tablespoons of gelatin. Don’t stir. Let it sit for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, add the lemon juice and honey to the saucepan with the strawberry juice. Stir over medium heat until very hot, but not yet boiling. Take off the heat.
- Go back to the jug with the gelatine and whisk until smooth and combined. Pour into the hot strawberry juice and whisk again thoroughly. Pour into silicone moulds to fill 2/3 of the way up. Put into the fridge for 15 minutes to set.
- Meanwhile, pour 125ml (1/2 cup) of Vitasoy Soy Milky into a jug and sprinkle with 4 tablespoons gelatine. Don't stir. Leave for 5 minutes. Pour the rest of the Vitasoy Soy Milky into a small saucepan and add the maple syrup and vanilla. Stir over medium heat until very hot, but not yet boiling. Take off the heat.
- Go back to the jug with the gelatine and whisk until smooth and combined. Pour into the hot Vitasoy Soy Milky and whisk again thoroughly. Pour into silicone moulds over the strawberry layer to fill. Put into the fridge for 15 minutes to set.
- Push out the jelly lollies and serve cold or at room temperature. They will keep in the fridge for a week.