- Recipe by Dr Sue Shepherd
- Serves 4
- 1 sheet ready rolled puff pastry (160g), defrosted
- 1 egg, beaten (to glaze)
- 2 small chicken fillets, visible fat removed, cut into 1cm cubes
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ½ small onion, chopped
- ½ red capsicum, diced in 1 cm pieces
- 100g broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 carrot, diced in 1 cm pieces
- 50g baby spinach
- ¾ cup Vitasoy Soy Milky Lite
- 3 teaspoons cornflour
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- ½ cup creamed corn
- 1 chicken stock cube or 1 teaspoon chicken stock paste
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Using a 10cm fluted cookie cutter or an 8cm star cutter, cut 4 pieces of pastry. Glaze with egg and place on baking tray. Cook for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Set aside.
- Heat non-stick frypan over medium heat and brown chicken, garlic, onion and red capsicum for 5 minutes, stirring regularly. Remove from pan, and transfer to a large heat-proof bowl. Set aside.
- Add water to a small saucepan and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium and add carrot and broccoli. Cook until only just tender (do not over-cook). Drain vegetables and add to chicken mixture in frypan. Also add spinach, stir through to combine and season with pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine cornflour with a little Vitasoy Soy Milky Lite, and mix to form a paste. Add remaining Vitasoy Soy Milky Lite and mix well. Pour into frypan and also add vinegar, creamed corn and chicken stock. Heat over medium heat until thickened. Add chicken mixture and heat gently for 5 minutes.
- Divide mixture into 4 individual ramekins. Cover with foil and bake in oven for 10 minutes. Place pastry rounds or stars in oven to warm for 5 minutes.
To serve, remove foil and place pastry round on each ramekin. Serve with a garden salad.
Nutritional Analysis – Amount per Serve