- Recipe by Dr Sue Shepherd
- Serves 10-12
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Cooking Time 15 minutes
- 150ml Vitasoy Soy Milky Lite
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (170g) gluten free cornflour
- 1 cup (125g) tapioca flour
- 1/2 cup (45g) soy flour
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 2 tsp gluten free baking powder
- 3 Tbsp caster sugar
- 80g dairy free spread
- Pre-heat oven to 200oC. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk Vitasoy Soy Milky Lite and egg.
- Sift flours, xanthan gum, baking powder and sugar into a medium bowl. Rub in dairy free spread with fingertips until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add the Vitasoy Soy Milky Lite and egg mix all at once. Use a metal spoon to mix together until the mixture begins to hold together.
- Then bring dough together with your hands. Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead gently about 4-5 times with your hands, by pressing and then turning, until the dough is just smooth. Use a lightly floured rolling pin to roll out the dough until about 2 1/2 cm thick. Dip the cutter into cornflour before cutting out each scone. Use a scone-cutter (5cm diameter) to cut out the scones. Place scones on prepared baking tray.. Bake in pre-heated oven for 12-15 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Serve warm with jam.
Note: Xanthan gum can be purchased in the health food aisles of major supermarkets, or health food stores
Nutritional Analysis – Amount per Serve