Who has time to slave over a hot stove in the morning? No one! Make this porridge in one go in the oven and then decorate with a cute face to make it fun. It’s also a great way to use up leftover spices and dried fruit from your holiday baking.
- Recipe by Christie Connelly
- Serves 6
- Prep Time 5 minutes
- Cooking Time 30 minutes
- 2 cups (180g) rolled oats
- 2.5 cups (625ml) Vitasoy Oat and Almond Milk + extra to serve if desired
- 1 cup cold water
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- currants or mixed dried fruit, to serve
Vitasoy Soy & Almond Milk, Vitasoy Soy Milky or Vitasoy Original can we substituted
- Heat the oven to 200C. Place the oats, 2 cups of the milk, the water, spices and molasses into a 1.25L oven proof baking dish and stir to combine.
- Cover with a lid and bake for 30 minutes until the liquid has absorbed and the oats are tender. Stir in the remaining 1/2 a cup of milk and then spoon into bowls.
- Decorate with currants and serve with extra warm or cold milk if desired.