- Recipe by Christie Connelly
- Serves 4
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Cooking Time 30 minutes
- 3 medium pears, peeled, cored and diced
- 4 medium plums, stoned and diced
- 125ml (1/2 cup) Vitasoy Soy Milky Lite
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or extract
- 140g (1 cup) gluten free plain flour
- 50g (1 cup) rice puffs*
- 80g (1/2 cup) sugar, any kind
- 4 tablespoons dairy free spread*, plus extra for greasing
- 2 tablespoons crystallised ginger, finely chopped
*I used Freedom Foods brand of rice puffs as they are gluten free, and the Nuttelex brand of dairy free spread.
- Heat the oven to 200C and grease a 1.5L baking dish with dairy free spread.
- Place the diced pears and plums inside the baking dish. Whisk together the soymilk, cinnamon and vanilla in a small jug and pour over the fruit.
- To make the topping, place the flour, rice puffs and sugar into a large bowl. Add the dairy free spread and mix with your fingertips until the butter is evenly distributed and a lumpy mix with clusters is formed. Stir in the ginger.
- Press the topping onto the fruit, covering the whole surface. Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes until the topping is golden brown and the fruit is tender. Serve hot or cold.
Nutritional Analysis – Amount per Serve