This is the perfect quick breakfast, lunch or dinner. Healthy, easy and yummy! Soy milk adds just a touch of creaminess without overpowering the tomato and garlic flavours.
- Recipe by Christie Connelly
- Serves 4
- Prep Time 5 minutes
- Cooking Time 5 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil + extra for drizzling
- 500g mushrooms, cleaned and thickly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 fresh tomatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/4 cup Vitasoy Original Soymilk
- 6-8 large basil leaves, torn
- Toast, to serve
Any kind of mushrooms work well in this recipe, here a mixture of field and cup mushrooms have been used.
- Heat a frying pan over high heat and add the oil and the mushrooms. Cook for 2-3 minutes until the mushrooms are starting to brown and wilt.
- Add the garlic and tomatoes and cook for 1 minute until the garlic is fragrant. Add the tomato paste and a splash of water and cook for 1 minute more until the mushrooms are tender.
- Pour in the soy milk and sprinkle over the basil. Stir for a few seconds to warm through. To serve, drizzle the toast with olive oil and pile the mushrooms on top.