I’ve used pear and nectarine because they are my daughter’s favourites right now, but you can use any seasonal fruit that your children like. You’ll also be pleased to know that although this is a treat snack with the inclusion of chocolate, the dip is thickened with avocado which adds extra secret nutrients! Mashed banana also works well in place of avocado, if you prefer.
- Recipe by Christie Connelly
- Serves 4 child portions, 2 adult portions (about 1/2 cup of sauce)
- Prep Time 5 minutes
- Cooking Time 1 minutes
- 1/4 very ripe avocado
- 10 milk chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup (60ml) Vitasoy Calci-Plus Soymilk*
- 1 pear
- 1 nectarine
*Any Vitasoy soymilk product can be substituted
- Mash the avocado with a fork, in a bowl, until very smooth.
- Heat the chocolate chips and soymilk in a small saucepan, stirring constantly, until melted and smooth.
- Pour the chocolate milk mixture into the bowl with the avocado and whisk until well combined. You can also put it all into a blender if you want it super smooth. Allow to stand and cool slightly. It will also thicken on standing.
- Slice the fruit into half moons and arrange on a serving plate in a flower shape. Pour a small portion of sauce into a dipping bowl and place in the centre, or drizzle directly over the fruit, and serve.