Trust me, you won’t even miss the meat… or the sour cream and cheese. If you’ve never had a vegan bean taco then you’ve never experienced a fresh, wholesome way to eat Mexican food without the extra calories. These are filling, cheap and delicious! Perfect for lunch or dinner.
- Recipe by Christie Connelly
- Serves 4
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Cooking Time 10 minutes
- 1 brown onion, thinly sliced into wedges
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 x 400g cans four bean mix
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chilli
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 cup Vitasoy Original Soymilk
8 corn tacos
1 diced avocado
- Pour the oil to a large frying pan over medium heat and add the onion. Sauté for 5 minutes or until just starting to brown. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute more.
- Drain and rinse both cans of beans and add to the frying pan. Sprinkle in all the spices and stir for 2-3 minutes until well combined and heated through.
- Transfer half of the bean mixture to a mini food processor and pour in the soy milk. Pulse a few times to roughly mash the beans, leaving them still a little chunky. You can also do this step using a fork and a strong arm, if you don't have a food processor.
- Return the mashed beans to the frying pan with the whole beans. Season with salt and pepper and stir over medium heat until hot. Serve in taco shells topped with lettuce, avocado and salsa.
Nutritional Analysis – Amount per Serve