This is a super fun Easter activity for kids, and the donut recipe can be used any time during the year on its own. You will need a mini donut pan for this recipe but you could also make it in a mini muffin pan.
- Recipe by Christie Connelly
- Serves 12
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Cooking Time 10 minutes
- 1.5 cups plain flour
- 1 tsp bi-carb soda
- 3/4 cup raw sugar
- 2 tbs cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted/liquid
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup (250ml) Vitasoy Almond Milk Unsweetened
- 1 cup desiccated coconut, to garnish
- chocolate eggs, to garnish
- 100g chocolate (any kind), grated or finely chopped
- 1/4 cup (60ml) Vitasoy Almond Milk Unsweetened
Vitasoy Almond Milk Original can be substituted if desired.
- Heat the oven to 180C. Place the flour, bi-carb, sugar and cocoa powder into a large bowl and mix to combine. Set aside.
- Place the coconut oil, egg, vanilla and Vitasoy Almond Milk Unsweetened in a bowl and whisk to combine. Pour into the dry mix and stir until just combined. Spoon into a 12 hole mini donut pan and bake for 10 mins until cooked through. Cool on a rack.
- Meanwhile, make the glaze. Heat the Vitasoy Almond Milk Unsweetened in a small saucepan until scalding hot, but not boiling. Add the grated chocolate and let stand for 1 min. Stir until smooth and glossy.
- Spoon the glaze over the donuts then sprinkle with coconut and garnish with eggs to look like little nests. Serve immediately, or store in an airtight container in a single layer for up to 3 days.