These are a great way to impress your guests this Easter.
- Recipe by Veggieful
- Serves 10
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Cooking Time 20 minutes
- Cupcake mixture:
- 1 cup plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup tightly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1 cup grated carrot (approximately 100g)
- 1/4 cup plain-flavoured oil
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
- 3/4 cup Vitasoy Almond Milk Unsweetened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Vegan Cinnamon "Buttercream" Icing:
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 cup vegan margarine
- 3 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius (365 °F) and line a cupcake tray with 10 patty pans.
- Add all of the cupcake mixture ingredients, including the Vitasoy Almond Milk Unsweetened to a bowl.
Beat for a minute or so until smooth without lump and then divide the cupcake mixture between the 10 patty pans.
- Bake for 20 minutes or so until risen and the tops of the cupcakes bounce back when touched.
Allow to cool completely.
- Make the buttercream icing: Add the icing sugar, margarine, vanilla essence and cinnamon to a bowl. Beat until creamy and fluffy.
Pipe the icing onto your cupcakes as desired.
Serve immediately or refrigerate until needed!