There is nothing better than vegan curried “EGGLESS” tofu sandwiches. Don’t be put off by the tofu… these are so delicious and make a perfect lunchtime meal or snack. The curried goodness makes the whole sandwich extra tasty. Enjoy!
- Recipe by Veggieful
- Serves 4
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Cooking Time 5 minutes
- 375g extra firm tofu, drained and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pinch freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 heaped teaspoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon Vitasoy Soy Milky Lite
- ½ teaspoon vinegar
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- pinch of salt
- 3 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- crunchy lettuce for 4 sandwiches
- 8 slices of bread
- In a small bowl, add the Vitasoy Soy Milky Lite, vinegar, sugar, salt and mustard and whisk until combined. Set aside.
- In a bowl, add the crumbled tofu, oil, pepper, turmeric, curry powder and soy sauce and stir until combined. Fry in a fry pan on high heat until slightly browned.
- Pour the tofu into a bowl and pour in the creamy sauce from the small bowl. Stir until combined.
- Divide the tofu among four sandwiches and top with crunchy lettuce.
- Serve immediately and enjoy the deliciousness!
Nutritional Analysis – Amount per Serve