Who says chips can’t be healthy? Think outside the potato square and make yourself a crunchy snack that is also a delicious serve of green veggies. Panko breadcrumbs are super crispy Japanese style breadcrumbs, but feel free to substitute any that you have to hand.
- Recipe by Christie Connelly
- Serves 4 (as a snack)
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Cooking Time 20 minutes
- 2 eggs
- 60ml (1/4 cup) Vitasoy Original soymilk*
- 100g panko breadcrumbs
- 4 medium zucchini
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 60ml (1/4 cup) coconut oil, melted
- lemon wedges and natural yoghurt, to serve (optional)
* Any of the Vitasoy range of unflavoured plant milks can be substituted.
- Heat the oven to 200C. Whisk together the eggs and soymilk in a wide shallow bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the panko breadcrumbs and lemon zest in another wide shallow bowl and stir to combine.
- Slice the zucchini into thin discs. Dip each ‘chip’ in the egg mixture and then the breadcrumb mixture and place onto a baking tray lined with non-stick paper.
- Brush or drizzle with coconut oil and cook for 15 minutes until golden. Flip and brush or drizzle with a little more oil and cook for a further 5 minutes. Serve immediately with lemon wedges and yoghurt for dipping, if you like.