- 4 rashers short-cut bacon, fat removed
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 2 large potatoes (500g), peeled and diced (1 cm)
- 2 cups (500ml) water
- 1 tablespoon maize cornflour
- 2 cups Vitasoy Soy Milky Lite
- 440g can corn kernels, drained
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 4 shakes pepper
- Chives to garnish
- n a large saucepan, lightly fry bacon and celery but do not brown. Add potato and cook for 1 minute, stirring to prevent sticking Add water and cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Mix cornflour with ¼ cup of Vitasoy Soy Milky Lite. Pour the remaining Vitasoy Soy Milky Lite into the saucepan and then stir in the blended cornflour.
- Cook for 5 minutes on a low heat (Do not boil). Add corn, parsley and pepper.
- Serve and sprinkle with chopped chives.
Nutritional Analysis – Amount per Serve