A luscious and creamy dairy free pudding. Perfect as a tasty dessert or a cheeky breakfast. Great to make ahead and serve a little throughout the week.
- Recipe by Christie Connelly
- Serves 6 - 8
- Prep Time 5minutes
- Cooking Time 25 minutes + 2 hours chilling time
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup (180g) short grain rice (sushi rice recommended, but arborio is also good)
- pinch of salt
- 3 cups (750ml) Vitasoy Original Coconutmilk
- 1 cup (250ml) Vitasoy Soy and Almond milk
- 2 tablespoons raw sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 vanilla bean, seeds scraped (or 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract)
- ground cinnamon, to garnish
Can use all Vitasoy Original Coconut milk if you prefer.
- Place the water, rice and salt into a large saucepan. Bring to the boil over high heat then reduce to a simmer for 5 minutes until most of the water has been absorbed. Stir occasionally to make sure the rice isn’t sticking to the bottom or becoming mushy. Set aside.
- Pour the Vitasoy Original Coconut milk and Vitasoy Soy & Almond milk into a medium saucepan and add the sugar, cinnamon and vanilla (seeds and bean). Heat on medium, stirring constantly until just below boiling point, about 3 minutes. Fish out the cinnamon stick and vanilla bean and discard.
- Pour the milk mixture into the rice and stir constantly over medium-high heat until the rice is tender and the liquid thickens slightly and gets absorbed, about 15 minutes. It will thicken further in the fridge so make sure it is still a bit runny.
Divide between 6-8 ramekins, sprinkle with cinnamon and chill in the fridge for 2 hours or leave overnight. Will keep covered in the fridge for up to a week. Can also be eaten warm if you prefer.