- Recipe by Dr Sue Shepherd
- Serves 6
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Cooking Time 2 hours
- 1 kg blade or topside steak, diced
- 800g canned tomatoes
- 3 tsp dried ground cumin
- 3 tsp dried ground coriander
- 1 1/2 tsp dried ground garam masala
- 1 cup Vitasoy Ricemilk Original
- 1 tsp coconut essence
- 1 tsp gluten free cornflour
- Heat a large heavy-based non-stick saucespan and sray lightly with olive oil spray. Divide meat into two batches and cook meat until lightly browned.
- Add cumin, coriander and garam masala to the second batch and cook for two minutes, or until browned on all sides.
- Return first batch of meat to frypan and add tomatoes.
- Turn up heat to medium high and bring mix to the boil. Then turn down heat to medium low, cover with lid, and simmer for 1 1/4 hours on a low heat.
- Combine ricemilk, coconut essence and cornflour tother and add to meat mixture. Simmer for another 30 minutes.
Serve with chopped fresh coriander and rice.
Nutritional Analysis – Amount per Serve