Breakfast in bed for mum needs to be with one hand! She needs the other hand for tea or a magazine. These cupcakes are a decadent breakfast for special occasions or a beautiful sweet treat to celebrate a party or simply for morning or afternoon tea.
- Recipe by Christie Connelly
- Serves 8
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Cooking Time 18 minutes
- Cupcake ingredients:
- 1 1/4 cup plain flour
- 4 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 125ml (1/2 cup) Vitasoy Soy Milky Regular
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 100g unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1.5 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Icing ingredients:
- 50g (1/4 cup) cream cheese, softened
- 25g unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon Vitasoy Soy Milky Regular
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 100g (3/4 cup) pure icing sugar, sifted
- 2-3 drops red food colouring
You can substitute Vitasoy Soy Milky Regular with Vitasoy Soy Milky Lite if you would like to
- Heat oven to 180C. Grease 8 holes of a cupcake tray or use a silicon cupcake tray.
- Combine the flour, white sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Whisk to combine. In another bowl, whisk together the Vitasoy Soy Milky Regular, egg and vanilla. Whisk in the melted butter and pour into the dry ingredients.
- Mix together the brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and sprinkle over the batter. Stir a few time to swirl through but not fully combine. Scoop into cupcake moulds and bake for 18 minutes. Remove and cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, make the icing. Place the cream cheese and butter into a bowl and whisk until smooth. Add the Vitasoy Soy Milky Regular and vanilla and whisk again. Add the sifted icing sugar and whisk until smooth and a thick spreading consistency. Add food colouring 1 drop at a time and stir to desired shade of pink. Spread the icing onto the cupcakes with a spatula or simply dip the tops and twist for a rustic finish.