Cinnamon Quinoa Porridge with Banana Pecan Topping
- Recipe by Dr Sue Shepherd
- Serves 3
- Prep Time 2 minutes
- Cooking Time 35 minutes
- 3 cups Vitasoy Soy Milky Lite
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup quinoa seeds
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1 Tbsp chopped pecans
- ¼ cup golden syrup or maple syrup
- In a medium saucepan, heat 2.5 cups Vitasoy Soy Milky Lite and vanilla extract over medium-high heat until almost boiling. Turn heat down to medium low and add quinoa and brown sugar.
- Stir continuously for 25-30 mins until all Vitasoy Soy Milky Lite is absorbed. Stir through cinnamon.
- In a small frypan over medium heat, add golden (or maple) syrup and warm through. Add banana slices and pecans and heat, tossing gently until banana and pecans coated in syrup and warmed through.
- Serve porridge evenly into bowls and top with pecan and banana. Add extra Vitasoy Soy Milky Lite to serve.
Nutritional Analysis – Amount per Serve